Monday, December 27, 2010

Bark River Racing

Bark River Racing runs sled dog educational programs through schools and a newsletter they produce called the "Daily Scoop". They have just announced that DOGSLED DREAMS is a book they "highly recommend". I feel honoured they liked the book. Here's what they said:

Looking for a good sled dog read for your students?



Try Dogsled Dreams by Terry Lynn Johnson


The book is about a 12 yr old musher who dreams of becoming a famous dog sled racer. There is much about the book to enjoy, but the most exciting part to us is that the story includes a very good description of mushing. Through Rebecca's eyes you see life in the dog yard and being out on the trail, as well as the excitement, butterflies, and self doubting that comes with entering your first race. We highly recommend this book for our BRR teachers and students.
 
 
I was so excited to read this! When I wrote the book, this is exactly what I was hoping to accomplish.
 
Don't forget to enter my DOGSLED DREAMS giveaway. Four days left!

13 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That is awesome, Terry! Congratulations. What a great Christmas gift.

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

What a super review. And to know that you accomplished your goal makes it even better.

Jemi Fraser said...

Awesome!! THat's a terrific reveiw :)

Carolyn V. said...

That is so awesome Terry!!!! Congrats! =D

Ⓙ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®☼₥... said...

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Why am I not at all surprised??!!!

Congratulations, Terry!!!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats! That's such great news.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Terry, that is wonderful! Getting closer to THE DATE!

Vicki Rocho said...

OMG, how cool is that? Congratulations!

Chris Phillips said...

Great review!

The Golden Eagle said...

Congratulations! That's awesome. :)

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

Hurray and congratulations!!!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Woo-hoo! I'm so excited for you. That's a great review.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Congratulations, Terry! I'm buying a copy with my Christmas book $..... Do you have a bookplate you can sign for me? If I send you an SASE?????