Sunday, December 25, 2011

Best of 2011

Favourite picture of the year. Sled Dog Central
Top Five reads

1. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
2. The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan
3. Prized by Caragh M. O'Brien
4. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
5. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys


Dogsled Dreams book tour 2011. Dog race mascot came over to admire my books!

Top Five Things from this blog

1. This dogsledding video
2. My sled dogs
3. Best part of being an author - fan mail
4. Georgian Bay adventure
Announcing my book deal for Ice Dogs





Top Two Things from other people's blogs

1. Sandra Mitchell's post Eventually You'll Care Less
2. Tahereh Mafi on Being a Writer


What were some of your favourites this year?


10 comments:

Sophia Chang said...

BEST photo ever! (the first one) makes me want to swap some spit with my dog right now.

Is that weird? Not to a fellow dog owner, right?

mshatch said...

I love my dog too but no swapping spit (I KNOW where his tongue has been). I would however cuddle on the couch with him and kiss his nose a million times and tell him he's the cutest puppy ever :)

Love that pic, too. They both look so happy.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

My first book's best seller status and the deal on my second one were both really awesome.
And that's not you in the dog suit is it?

Unknown said...

I loved Anna Dressed In Blood and I at to read The Girl of Fire and Thorns. Good picks!

Anonymous said...

I only read Ruta's book. Those others I either own or are on my wish list.

I enjoyed my debut and the bit of travelling I did for it.

Unknown said...

Thanks for dropping by the bookish mama! What an interesting life you must lead with dog sledding which is absolutely foreign to me. :) Happy New Year!

Jemi Fraser said...

Love that photo! :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Terry, I'm glad you had such a wonderful year. I still have your book on my shelf to read. My year was a bit off for many reasons, but I'm hoping for normalcy next year.

Gwenyth Love said...

The Girl of Fire and Thorns was an amazing book! And anything by Carrie Ryan is sure to be a hit. Thanks for sharing your favourites! (And love that photo!)

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

Great photos! It sounds like you had a good 2011.

My favorite reads of the year are probably Chime and Daughter of Smoke and Bone. 2011 also had some great trips. Now, on to 2012!