Saturday, September 22, 2012

Paddle to the Mink Islands

We're back from our fall kayak trip, this time we explored islands in Georgian Bay. It was a chilly one this year - and the gale force winds made for some exciting moments! But the scenery made it all worth it.


loading my kayak

Is all that gear going to fit in your kayak, Den?
(It did!)



Love the rocks
Awesome!

Cooking supper

Soup goes down nice when it's four degrees Celcius out!


Anyone have kayak adventures they want to share?

11 comments:

mshatch said...

love that second pic, all that color against the dark backdrop of the water.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Amazing images! You are just so adventurous.

Natalie Aguirre said...

So amazing. You're the most adventurous person I know.

Carolyn V said...

Four degrees? Amazing!

I love the pictures! So gorgeous!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Love the colors and textures of those rocks.

Jemi Fraser said...

So pretty!! Love these :)

Jackie said...

awesome pics, so glad i found your blog=)

Kristin Lenz said...

Oooh those rocks are beautiful. What a great trip!

Theresa Milstein said...

Sounds cold! But what stunning views! The last couple of summers, I've kayaked in Boston and Cambridge on the Charles River. A different experience for sure!

Marcia said...

Beautiful scenery. I love your adventures.

Heather Kelly said...

Those rocks are stunning. I used to row for crew (in Maine) in college, and I was surprised at how closely kayaking translated to the feeling. I miss both, but I don't miss doing either in the cold. :) Now I live in toasty Massachusetts.

We drove through Canada on the way to Chicago this summer, since the kids all had their passports. We saw Niagara. I thought about trying to get in touch with you at the time, but was pretty sure we weren't close to where you live. :) You know, Canada is a big place. :)

However, it would have been super fun to meet up! :)