Thursday, July 7, 2016

New Series!

I finally get to share my big news.
I know, MORE BIG NEWS?? How is that possible?

I've had an incredible year, and been very very lucky.

This is what I've been working on lately. From Publishers Weekly:

Christine Krones at HMH has acquired the first four books in a fictional series of young chapter books called Survivor Diaries by Terry Lynn Johnson. Each book will feature a different survival story about kids who get lost in the wilderness and are able to survive using their knowledge and skills in climates ranging from snowy Wyoming backcountry to tropical Costa Rican rainforest. Publication of the first title, Overboard, is scheduled for spring 2017; Caryn Wiseman at the Andrea Brown Literary Agency negotiated the deal for world rights.



An example of "never give up":
Survivor Diaries has been super fun to write. I felt blessed each day during my recent leave of absence from work that I got to stay home and do something I love. 
But before that, I had started to wonder if my writing career was over. I hadn't sold anything in four years. Not since ICE DOGS. 
Now suddenly, with the 4-book SURVIVOR DIARIES series added to my other contracts (FALCON WILD is the new official title of my falconry novel coming out next fall, and SLED DOG SCHOOL coming out Feb. 2018), that makes six books sold in one year! Publishing can be like that. I'm just so grateful to be writing again.


We've recently returned from a research trip hiking in Montana and Wyoming, so here are a few pictures while we wait for the book covers to arrive. 


Yellowstone Park, Wyoming
Grand Canyon of Yellowstone






hiking Sphinx Mountain, Montana





5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Wow, that's huge! Big congratulations. I still remember when your first book came out.
Great shots of Yellowstone. Been years since I was there.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Hi Terry! That's wonderful news. Six books.

DEZMOND said...

you've been unleashed and you cannot be stopped :)))

Andrea Mack said...

Such exciting news! Congratulations! And lovely photos!

Deniz Bevan said...

Congratulations -- and lovely photos too! And ooh, falconry. Love the idea for a survivor series. Have fun writing!