Friday, December 22, 2017

Year in Review

My 2017 was epic. A little too epic.

I had three new book releases, I was nearly killed by a tick from the Writing Barn in Austin Texas, and I'm still struggling to recover.







And on JANUARY 2, 2018, my next book releases:




 This is possibly my favourite book in the series because I got to write in a wintery setting, it's a little inspired by my own family, and it has a wolverine in it - the coolest animal ever.
Also --- Avalanche! is my first book to receive a STARRED REVIEW from KIRKUS! 
Wolverines everywhere are cheering!

"A content-enriched page-turner with surprising depth." -- Kirkus Reviews Starred Review

If you PRE ORDER, just let me know and I'll send you a signed custom bookplate and other fun SWAG as a thank you. 


I wasn't able to do as much reading this year as I normally do. (or travelling) My brain was out of order for several months. But I did find some favourites to mention:

Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor  - gorgeous prose as usual
Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller - spunky, funny heroine
A Promise of Fire by Amanda Boucet (note: I didn't care for the second book in the series as much)
Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus by Dusti Bowling - unusual main character in MG

What were your favourite reads of 2017? 


Once again, I'm sitting on some news. I'll hopefully be able to share soon. 

Thanks for reading!


3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry that darned tick is still giving your trouble.
Looks like you and your books had a stellar year.
Have a blessed Christmas!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That's wonderful to get a starred review from Kirkus! Not easy. Neither is getting a good review from Publisher's Weekly or Library Journal. (We've been fortunate to get a few.) I look forward to the next book in your series.

Best book I read this year? Since most of what I read was manuscripts, I'd say either DLP's upcoming MG Corners or sci-fi Revolution 2050.

Have a Merry Christmas, Terry.

Zonahobisaya said...

Място на уеб янг багус : Zonahobisaya
Място на уеб янг багус : Zonahobisaya
Място на уеб янг багус : Zonahobisaya
Място на уеб янг багус : Zonahobisaya
Място на уеб янг багус : lambang
Място на уеб янг багус : Logo
Място на уеб янг багус : Zonahobisaya
Място на уеб янг багус : Zonahobisaya