Sunday, September 21, 2014

Another Adventure

Bet you're wondering what happened to the good old days when I used to post here about my outdoor adventures and share buckets of photos.

Few things have made this a busy summer and sadly, we missed a few planned trips.

And the final blow was a very heartbreaking decision to put our Husky dog down due to cancer. This hollowed me out right good till we met Lady Bird.

Lady Bird - our 10-month-old latest family member. Border Collie / Lab mix


We've just returned home from our two-week adventures in Nova Scotia where we all bonded and ate seafood and hiked and camped in a tiny tent, and now Lady Bird is home and wondering - "What?? I can't sleep with you in your bed? What the heck is this business?"

Lady Bird LOVES to sleep in a tent with THE PEOPLE

And now for buckets of photos:








When I say hiking in Nova Scotia, I mean - the ENTIRE province. We went all around. 6,000 km. Fun, but next time we are flying to the destination!

anyone else do an epic road trip this summer?

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You travel to the most beautiful places.
A moose once bit my sister. (Sorry, couldn't resist the Monty Python reference.)
Lady Bird is a cutie! How could you not let that sleep on your bed?

Kelly Polark said...

So sorry to hear of the loss of your pet. I'm a huge dog lover too. We had to put down our 16 year old dog last year and it broke my heart. We always like to have two dogs, so a few months later adopted a rescue pup who just adored our other dog! It does make the house happier.
Enjoy Lady Bird! She's beautiful!
And wow! Amazing photos! And so close to the moose!

Natalie Aguirre said...

So sorry about the loss of your dog. I have my first dog and dread the day I'll have to make that decision. Glad you got Lady Bird. And as always, love your pictures.

Leandra Wallace said...

Did you shrink one day, Terry? ;) Gorgeous photos, and I love the name Lady Bird, so neat.

Unknown said...

Dear Terry...We are deeply sorrowful for the loss of your dog. Thanks for the beautiful and awesome pictures, that was one long hiking adventure! Love the moose photo too! Sounds like your new dog fits right in!

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Lady Bird is beautiful, so are the photos, and so is Nova Scotia! I know you miss your pet, but Lady Bird is here to say she's going to do everything she can to love you just as much. That's so kewl.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Wow! I would love to do a trip like that!

I'm so sorry about your Husky. It really does leave a hole in your heart when you lose a pet. I'm glad you found a new furry friend though.