Wednesday, September 2, 2009

hiking adventures

FlickrCC
Thankfully, this is not my dog.
My dog, Tanzer and I, go for a hike around the lake nearly every morning. This morning I crested a hill to see Tanzer staring at an enormous porky in the middle of the trail. I yelled and the porcupine turned and waddled down the trail with my dog walking slowly behind him. I called Tanzer back and we waited for him to leave, since you really can't rush a porky. We continued over the next crest and he was still strolling along the trail. My very smart dog just walked behind him until he finally decided to climb a tree. Good dog...yes, you're such a gooood dog!

2 comments:

Heather said...

OMG! The poor thing - I am glad we don't have porcupine around here - I don't know if my dogs would listen to me not to touch them... that is until this happened to them... fortunately, I don't have to worry about that!

Janet said...

Oh, I am so glad that Tanzer didn't end up looking like the poor dog in the picture. It wouldn't be a pretty sight.