Thursday, March 5, 2009

Highs and lows of writing


This being my very first post, I'd like to start by announcing today I received my first rejection letter in the mail for my manuscript DOGSLED DREAMS. Orca Book Publishers sent me an encouraging and frameable note to tell me not to give up, but my book is not for them. I know I'm suppsed to get rejections if I'm going to send the manuscript out. And I know writers are supposed to have thick skin. But still can't help the deflated feeling that bubbled up like Coke up the neck of a bottle that's been banged on the table.


Well, Harry Potter was rejected 14 times so I've only got 13 more to go. Shake it off. Try again.


And just to show that life really is a box of chocolates (that you accidentally fell asleep with when you went to Girl Guide camp when you were 12 years old and woke up with chocolate ground into your pink flannel pajamas and everyone thought you'd had an embarrasing accident in your sleep) I also received word from Dogs in Canada Magazine that they have accepted TWO of my articles! I'll post which months they're coming out when I know.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

you are a super star! Way to go.

Heather said...

We can never get to the top if we have never been at the bottom... VBG.

Congrats on your other two sucesses.

Good luck on your new blog.

Hugs.....Heather