For my 8 hour drive to the Ottawa SCBWI conference I listened to a few audio books, something I've never done. I've always assumed I didn't have the attention span. I loved it. It made the time go by in a blink. I actually sat in my own driveway for an extra 2 minutes to hear the end of The Taking. Creeped me right out, but in a good way. Aliens are scary is all I'll say. I know this is a little blasphemous, but I did not get past Chapter One of Plum Lovin' by Janet Evanovich. She wrote a great book, How I Write, but her fiction just isn't for me.
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey had me mentally cleaning out my closets. I arrived at the conference full of promises to myself to practice habit 5. This has lasted for a day, but it was a good reminder to continue to work on personal growth. Here's a summary. This link goes more into depth on the habits if you're interested.
1. Be Proactive - be response able
2. Leadership - begin with the end in mind, make your mission statement
3. Management - first things first
4. Think Win/Win - or no deal
5. Communication - listen first to understand
6. Synergize - creative solutions from both sides
7. Self-renewal - sharpening the saw