I've been given this blogger award by LeSan of Bluegate Gardens Blog. The catch - I must now share 10 honest truths about myself. I won't be able to compete with LeSan's halarious list, but I'll do my best to think of semi-interesting stuff:
1. I once chased a bear with a chainsaw - and I was wearing nothing but shoes at the time. (and ironically, the time I almost died was minding my own business in my tent when this moose came along...)
2. If I could wake up tomorrow with a natural talent, I'd choose to be a dancer.
3. Denali, one of my sled dogs who is now deceased, visits me regularly in my dreams and talks to me. He wasn't even a lead dog or anything. Very strange and sort of creepy, I know.
4. We only get one TV channel in our house and just got our first computer last year.
5. I was a top 4 finalist in a cruise ship American Idol competition with my version of Mustang Sally. No, I can't sing - perhaps it was stage presence.
6. I've handled for a dogteam in the famous Iditarod Sled Dog Race in Alaska.
7. I'm afraid of the dark and keep a light on in the house if I'm alone.
8. Besides writing, my inside hobby is making cards and scrapbooking.
9. I'm the first ever female in Ontario in the Lake Unit at work.
10. I used Poison Ivy as toilet paper after a pee in the bush. Wouldn't recommend it.