Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Temptations


I had the whole afternoon to myself today to work on my manuscript. I wanted to share with you the awesomeness that I managed to resist. One quick walk and then back inside to type. The good news, I'm now on chapter five and as a reward, I can take Catching Fire to bed!
Other news: I received an amazing email from someone who read my latest article, Frozen Turd Wars in Dogs in Canada. She took the time to write and tell me she laughed until she cried. That she couldn't wait for my book, Dogsled Dreams to come out. This complete stranger totally made my day! What a feeling!

11 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Terry, you just discovered the real joy! Total strangers, readers & fans, who say your words touched their lives. It is so awesome!

And I couldn't have ignored that view...

Anna Staniszewski said...

That's great! I hope it's the first of many fan emails. :-)

Janet said...

That sounds great! Getting comments and emails from strangers about something you've written inspires a person to continue on with their writing.

Amy Allgeyer Cook said...

That. Is. Awesome.

It's why we write! Congrats!!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

The photo is so gorgeous....I get lost just looking at it.

Congratulations on the fan email.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Terry, isn't it wonderful when someone you don't know appreciates what you do. I was a radio DJ in college and a little girl came up to me and asked for my autograph.

PS...The photo is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Your whole day seems awesome. Time to yourself, a good book, and positive fan mail.

Caroline Starr Rose said...

This is gorgeous! Stop by my blog today. I have a little something for you.

Anonymous said...

That HAD to be a fantastic feeling! YAY for encouraging emails!

hugs,
Donna

Mindy said...

After looking at that picture of yours, I can't believe how beautiful our world can be if we just took a minute to really look at it. *Hugs* for your on going success

Kelly Polark said...

The photo is gorgeous. Nature at its best!
And congrats on the fanmail!! How fun!!!!