Thursday, April 8, 2010

Storm watch

Freezing rain prevented me from driving in to work this morning. And what better way to celebrate 5 - 10cm of hail than to go for an epic hike!
the dog wants to get home - forget taking pictures

high winds toss the lake
The photos of course, don't show the 80 km winds and the hail stones that were slapping my face. I was trying to come up with a good description of standing on top of a cliff in the storm. Wild was the best I could do.

I'm in need of some great adjectives. Anyone?

12 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

You brave woman you!
Bummer, we were in the 80's yesterday...

Amy Allgeyer Cook said...

Wow! And I was complaining about our rain showers. :(

Shannon O'Donnell said...

You lead the coolest life!!! :-)

Jemi Fraser said...

Hail is not fun! We got around 6 inches of snow this morning, so I guess spring is on hold for a bit :)

LeSan said...

Adjectives? Savage, wicked, fierce, idiotic, insane, out of your ever loving mind...just a few that come to mind.
Your Wild Woman status remains unchallenged my friend!

Susan Fields said...

Sounds like a good day to stay inside by the fire! I'm really appreciating our warm St. Louis spring right about now.

My name is PJ. said...

Gosh, your adventurous soul knows no bounds!

I like "loquacious" and "vitriolic" this week.

TerryLynnJohnson said...

thanks for your comments.
PJ - I have to go get my dictionary now. Cool new words!

Laura Pauling said...

There is something so awesome about standing in a storm! I love high winds. What a rush.

Catherine A. Winn said...

Brrrr! I sat on my back porch, enjoyed the warm sun and cool spring breeze. I'll repeat what L.Diane Wolfe said: "You brave woman you!"

nanmarino said...

You went hiking in a hail storm? You are very brave. I will no longer complain about the weather in New Jersey.

Rena said...

Wow, sounds like our weather lately! Today, however, was totally beautiful.