Friday, January 15, 2010

Author Jo Ramsey


Fellow author Jo Ramsey ,from the rockin' Indie-debut group I belong to, is celebrating her debut book launch today! Connection is available as an e-book today and in print form on January 29. She will be on Book Bites for Kids Blogtalk Radio Friday January 15 at 2pm Central time.




I'm so excited for Jo! And here she is as my guest in my first author interview.


1. What's your book about?

Connection is about Shanna Bailey, a girl who's had a rough life. Her mother is abusive, her father mostly ignores her, and the kids at school constantly harass her. She's terrified of starting high school, but on her first day she meets Jonah Leighton, a junior who is also teased a lot. Despite that, Jonah's confident and friendly, and Shanna quickly discovers that he knows things that alter her entire perception of reality. It's the first of a 10-book series called Reality Shift.


2. Where can we buy it?

It's available from the publisher, Jupiter Gardens Press, at http://www.jupitergardens.com/. It's also available from Amazon.com, and can be ordered through any bookstore. We're working on having it stocked in bookstores in at least the Northeast, where I live.


3. What are you working on now?

I have a double life as a writer, so right now I'm working on something as my romance author alter ego. I'm also making sure the second Reality Shift book is ready to submit.



4. Any advice for writers trying to sell their manuscripts?

Take time to learn your craft before you consider submitting. Make sure you have a firm grasp on spelling, grammar, etc. Publishers have editors, but it's still the author's job to make sure their manuscript is the most polished it can be before it's sent off. Find a beta reader or critique partner, too; sometimes as authors we miss mistakes because we've looked at the thing way too many times. Another set of eyes is good.

9 comments:

Jo Ramsey said...

Thanks, Terry! I'm thrilled to be on your blog on my book's e-release day!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Congratulations to Jo! How exciting. :)

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

When you wrote 'rockin indie debut group', I first thought you meant music. Then I thought, "Where does she find the time?"

Then I realized you meant books. I'm fine now, thank you! ;)

Tara McClendon said...

Thanks for the introduction to this writer, and congrats to Jo on the debut. Have a great weekend.

Emily B said...

Sounds like a wonderful book. Congratulations, Jo!

Miriam Forster said...

Dang, how did I miss getting over here?

Congrats again, Jo!

Donna McDine said...

Terrific interview. Keep 'em coming!

Amy Allgeyer Cook said...

Thanks for the interview, Terry. I don't know if any of you have seen Jo's trailer, but it will really make you want to read the book! Check it out at http://indiedebut2010(dot)blogspot(dot)com.

Sherrie Petersen said...

Wow, a ten book series sounds daunting! But how absolutely wonderful for you!