Monday, March 22, 2010

Loot

I'm back from my swim competition and thought I should post a quick follow-up on the awesome time I had. Actually, racing 60 lengths of the pool is not at all awesome while the swimming is taking place. But a few minutes after, I thought it was the BEST event to do. I received a BRONZE medal for my efforts.
Many thanks to my new friend, Karen, where we enjoyed her hospitality all weekend. Great food and conversation.
And I much enjoyed sleeping under her pool table (I must clarify here, there was no alcohol involved, it was just the darkest and most cozy place to pull up a sleeping bag.)
And then, to top off a great couple of days - I had these wonderful books waiting for me when I got home. They arrived in the mail all sparkly, fresh-smelling and waiting to be enjoyed. I think I deserve an afternoon on the couch with some sweet tea. Now, which one to read first...
Rampant by Diana Peterfreund
The Boy who Spoke Dog by Clay Morgan
Listen by Stephanie Tolan
The Earth, My Butt, and other Big Round Things by Carolyn Mackler
Gone by Michael Grant
Eternal by Cynthia Leitich Smith
Izzy and Lenore by Jon Katz
Unwind by Neal Shusterman

20 comments:

Unknown said...

That is some loot!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Congratulations, Terry! Glad you had a good time.

Sherrie Petersen said...

Congrats on the medal! That is SO cool!

And that box of books is nice to come home to -- enjoy!

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Awesome Terry, way to go!

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Superwoman!!

erica m. chapman said...

Congrats! Wow that's awesome. Kudos to you for all those awesome books too ;o)

Janet said...

A bronze medal, that's wonderful! Now enjoy your books.

Unknown said...

A bronze? I am in awe. Way to go!

"Unwind" is awesome! Enjoy all those books...I am a tad envious. :>

Jemi Fraser said...

Awesome job on the swim - fantastic!

You sure have a terrific pile of books waiting for you - lucky girl :)

Anna Staniszewski said...

Congrats on the medal! I vote for UNWIND (since I haven't been able to shut up about that book since I read it) but really all of them are great choices. Happy reading!

Unknown said...

Great job on the medal! And my suggestion: read Rampant first.

Kelly Polark said...

Congrats on the medal and books!

Natalie said...

I am seriously impressed with your swimming prowess. I once swam a mile as part of a biathlon team--it almost killed me. Seriously I thought I would die. I'm always impressed by people who can do it competitively.

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Please tell me you're not yet 30! Please lie to me if you must! The whole physically fit and adventurous thing is something from which I feel so far removed!

But, to top that off with being able to sleep in a sleeping bag ON. THE. FLOOR!

Congratulations on your medal!! Holy cow! That's quite a feat!!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the bronze medal. And the pile of books looks great. I loved Gone, and The Earth, My Butt and other round places cracked me up. Great voice! Enjoy!

Tina Laurel Lee said...

All awesome. I love the photos of all the books. I love to get to see covers! And I'm impressed with you medal.

Elana Johnson said...

Wow - those look like amazing books! You definitely deserve an afternoon on the couch with tea. And congrats on the bronze!

Jamie D. said...

Congratulations! :-) My husband used to be a swim coach...and I worked poolside for years. Sometimes I actually miss the smell of chlorine. LOL

A medal *and* books - life doesn't get much better, eh? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You do deserve to settle down and just read one of those great books.

TerryLynnJohnson said...

thanks everyone for your comments! I love sharing my news here.