Friday, October 7, 2011

Cover Love

A recent new blog I found, CE HART's post on covers has inspired me.

 I LOVE book covers. I could wallpaper a room with some of the delicious art that is wrapped around books. Give me a cup of Starbucks Chai Latte and let me loose to wander around Chapters. Bliss.

I will admit to purchasing many just because of the cover.

Here are some of them:


and these:


But really, my all time favourite cover, the one that stopped me in my tracks as I was trying to leave a bookstore, was this beauty:



Have you ever discovered a new favourite author because the cover drew you in?

11 comments:

Cheryl Hart said...

I love your blog post title--Cover Love! So often book covers are what first lure me into reading a blurb.

I really like the butt cover. haha The title is pretty cool too. ;)

Sophia Chang said...

Oh geez. I'm already a diehard Otherworld fan but that book cover is just...hubba hubba

Natalie Aguirre said...

Love the covers. I need to read ICE and OTHERWORLD.

Theresa Milstein said...

Ice is so cool!

My Lead Dog was a Lesbian is such an awesome title.

Across the Universe had a gorgeous cover. What must it feel like to have a publisher so committed to a book that you get a reversible cover?

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Yes, I have! If the cover rocks, I'll pick up the book and explore further. If the cover is bland, I'll never touch it.

Jemi Fraser said...

I love covers too. Hush Hush was one I bought because of the cover and City of Bones and Ashes too. Worth it! :)

Golden Eagle said...

Yes. Some of Jonathan Strahan's anthologies (he's actually the editor) have drawn me in because of their covers.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful covers are like eye candy to me. I love these.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Jaye Robin Brown said...

Matched has an amazing cover - checked it out from the library based on cover alone. And Libba Bray's BEAUTY QUEENS with the awesome beauty pageant sash of bullets - the book is as funny and ironic as the cover.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Yes! Covers draw me in all the time!! And those are some good one, Terry! :-)

xoxo said...

Really amazing covers!
I've read four of those books :D
Xoxo