Sunday, January 15, 2012

Weather fit for napping - or critting...

photo credit here Nap how I want



It's minus thirty four wind chill outside. That's -34 C. Winter has arrived. And that means it's time for DOGSLED RACES!!!

Or napping.

Or writing.

And since I'm not doing any of those lately, I'd like to use this weather as an excuse to celebrate my good fortune of selling ICE DOGS to Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.

I didn't do it alone! I had lots of help. And so...

I'm offering to critique the first three YA or MG chapters of the first three people who comment.

  • Must let me know in the comment that you would like to take me up on the offer.
  • Either send me your email address, or leave it in the comments.
  • Must have chapters ready to send right away.
  • I'll send it back to you within three days of receiving your chapters.

edited: I had no idea that would go so fast! Sorry - offer is now expired. I have my victims volunteers already!

Michael
Sophia
Marcy
Angela

Send me your chapters!

I will absolutely do this again the next time I have a few days free.

Thanks everyone!

13 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I don't have anything to critique, nor do I write in those genres, but I can tell you congratulations again!
And that dog is OUT.

Anonymous said...

Dang it. What I have might burn your eyes, lol....so no crit for me.

Love the poochie pic..that's one relaxed pooch!

Angela said...

Terry I would take you up on it - i can't believe I'm third - angelacerrito AT yahoo DOT com -- yay for staying up until 2am

Angela said...

Oh, just saw that you are saving comments before posting...so I may not have posted in time.

Anyway, I'm THRILLED for your new book deal and think that you are wonderful for paying forward with critiques!

mshatch said...

I wouldn't mind a crit of a few chapters - marcy@tidewater.net

Michael Sussman said...

I'm interested,Terry. I'll send you my email address.

Sophia Chang said...

I'm really hoping somebody spontaneously doesn't want a crit so I can get one - WANNNNNT SOOOO BAAAAAAD. lol

Anonymous said...

What a great thing to offer and that dog looks mighty comfortable. I've experienced cold weather, but I don't think I've experienced it that cold. Stay warm.

Have a great week.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That's a generous offer! My next book is non-fiction though.

Nicole Zoltack said...

What a generous offer! I'm sure all of those who receive one are gonna be thrilled.

SKWeathers said...

What a great site. The dog captured me.

Jemi Fraser said...

Love that photo!!!

What a great offer - I know the volunteers will really benefit from your eye! :)

Christina Farley said...

That is so sweet of you to offer! I can't even imagine living where you do. Sounds cold! Definitly the opposite of my days here in Florida! Stay warm.