Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Food packing


The packing has begun for our circumnavigation of Manitoulin Island. Here is a sample of some of the dried foods we are bringing. This does not even include the fresh produce - 2 bags of apples, 1 bag of oranges, carrots, etc. Our personal gear, safety gear and tent, stove and fuel are also ready to go. My next post will be the dress rehersal where we will attempt to stuff it all into two little hatches of our kayaks. I'm seeing in my future: no camp chair.
After a few weeks of rejections for my manuscript, Dogsled Dreams, I have finally had a little light shine down on me with an acceptance for a short article from Mushing Magazine! I can't describe how exciting that one is, since I subscribed to that awesome magazine and read it from cover to cover for ten years.
12 days till launch.

No comments: